Curious

I've been trying to figure out how they make metal catridges for any caliber from .22 all the way to heavy 155mm.Somebody told me they use dies, is that true?/ thanks

Reply to
xbatt48

You can waste allot of time working on brass. The trick is buy mass produced brass and use it with as little time invested in modification as possible.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

See "backward extrusion" -

Steve.

Reply to
SteveF

Google for "Deep Drawing brass cartridges"

Way lots of info out there on the alloys used, less on the actual process.

Done with progressive deforming of the blanks in presses, with dies.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones