Dimensions for Delta bandsaw table insert?

The shop-gnomes have apparently decided that they wanted the aluminum
disk that goes around the blade in my Delta (well, Rockwell) 14"
bandsaw. I never looked closely at it, because, well, I didn't know
it'd go missing so I had no reason to. I can wing it, but does anyone
have dimensions and/or a drawing that they could send me, so I can make
one right the first time? Alternately, if there's a source of something
better (how could it be better? I dunno, I'm asking) I'm open to that
as well.
Thanks,
Dave Hinz
Reply to
Dave Hinz
It's here for $9.45 if you are not like me and can stand to buy something instead of make it:
Ray
Dave H> The shop-gnomes have apparently decided that they wanted the aluminum
Reply to
Ray Spinhirne
Ah, thanks, I'll take a look. As you guessed though, more fun to make it myself. Too bad the garbage went out, I'm sure it's in the sweepings. Ah well.
Reply to
Dave Hinz
Iturra Designs sells zero clearance plastic inserts.
2 for $5.
Call 888-722-7078 and ask for their free catalog.
Reply to
Bruce Barnett
Dave, I made several plywood zero-clearance inserts for a chinese 14" bandsaw. IIRC, I started with 1/4" plywood and cut it in the appropriate sized circle; then I carefully routed a lip around the edge so that it would sit flush. I made these in order to get zero clearance, not because I didn't have the original -- it's very nice not to have small bits binding up between the insert and the blade!
Reply to
Andrew H. Wakefield
Done, thanks. They (boggle!) don't have a website.
Reply to
Dave Hinz
Not yet. There are rumors that they will soon. The catalog is AWESOME! 232 pages, and it reads like a book! It's a must for bandsaw owners. Tips on tuning, comparisons of Delta vs Jet. It even has a showdown between the 1942 Delta 14" vs the 28-206 14" made in China, etc.
Reply to
Bruce Barnett