arched fireplace opening

Does anyone know where I could buy an brass, or brassplated, arched fireplace screen? I have gone bonkers trying to find one. I live in NC.

Reply to
<webfox

Well, here I am, first to ask dumb questions I guess. Why do you want it arched. Most of them have sliding "chain-mail" type screens, and you can't slide an arch. On the other hand, if all you want is a decorative bit, maybe you can buy a standard rectangular one, and add a screened fixed arch to it, if nothing else. Or do what most do, and install a sheet-metal hood to fill the arch. Helps with smoke ejection too.

Now, if you had said a glass swinging-door type, I would think that they are still available.

I wonder if the problem is that "arches" are rather a non-standard dimensional item. You may need to get one custom made.

Or have a peek at:

Google is your friend for "fireplace screens"

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

You didn't provide enough info such as size, single-panel, tri-panel, fancy or plain, glass-insert, etc. A simple Google search for "arched brass fireplace screen" brought up several sites with offerings such as this one:

The same search on Froogle brought up several as well:

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall