Double headed Brigeport

Was driving in the steelyard/scrapyard part of town today, saw an interesting Bridgeport on a trailer in front of me. Twin Brigport heads, later model belt speed change, mounted on a set of ways running horzontally. Base had a Brdgeport logo, table was about 42" or 48". Control panel had an even dozen buttons 4 x 3. Must of been heavy, the Surburbon pulling it didn't accelerate very fast. I'd never seen one before, rare?

Reply to
RoyJ

That probably was a tracer mill.

John

Reply to
John

I hope that THEY didn't drop it.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

RoyJ wrote in news:_1Csg.2887$vO.1646 @newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Like this one?

Not entirely rare, but getting there I suppose.

Reply to
D Murphy

I'm seeking spare head/heads for my series2...

Pittsburgh, PA area

Reply to
Jon Grimm

Reply to
RoyJ

Reply to
RoyJ

RoyJ wrote in news:5JNsg.5952$PE1.1030 @newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I used to see them in a lot of shops. Now that I think about it, I can't remember the last time I saw one being used. A log time ago at any rate. I imagine inexpensive CNC's have pretty much killed the market for those things.

Reply to
D Murphy