electric stun fish

AND...an aluminum boat...

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ed is it not the boat being at Neutral potential (anode), and the insulated pole with a leader wire hanging down (cathode), that "zaps" the water? ignator

Reply to
ignator

'Ya got me.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

How 'bout the transformer for igniting an oil furnace??? I dunno,

110v input probably 'bout 12,000 out??? Electrode on each side of the pond..... Ken.
Reply to
Ken Sterling

How about an ignition coil from a car? Cheap and will work with 12 vdc. Just add a vibrator to the input or do it manually

** Posted from
**
Reply to
nick hull

Seeing as how the guncotton would not explode, but would 'burn quickly' (deflagration), I have to assume something about its decomposition must have been dramatic, else it would go unnoticed.

Lotsa flames? Lotsa sparks? maybe a stiong pulse of gas that would blow the stove contents out the front of the stove?

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

How about if you just take two aluminum boats, clamp a long jumper cable to each one, and run a long extension cord to a 440 V transformer?

You'd need rubber floor mat and seat cushion for each boat, of course. And a couple of wooden oars to make sure the boats don't touch. You might want to check the fillings in your teeth, too, to make sure you don't still have some old silver ones in there...and be sure your life insurance benefits still are assigned to the right person...

d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Hint of sarcasism noted..... Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

I sure don't want to spoil anyone's fun, Ken, but I want to know where your pond is, so there's no chance I ever go near it by mistake...

The electrical ideas we've seen here really give me the willies. And just think, if you'd just dumped in some rotenone when this thread started, you'd be halfway to restocking by now.

There are reasons that fish and game departments all over the country use the stuff for killing off the fish in ponds. It's safe, it's easy, and it works. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Chuckle.... at least nobody suggested jumper cables, long log chain, pole climbing spikes and hi-tension wires.... Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling