Electrical Component Supplier

I bought a small wet grinder at auction that has a bad on/off switch. I'm looking to replace the switch.

It is a SPDT on/off/on 125v 16a rocker-style switch. I looked for it at McMaster-Carr but their selection isn't deep enough to include the switch I need.

Do you know someplace else I can try?

Gary

P.S. Grainger isn't an option for me any more. They won't sell to individuals any longer.

Reply to
grice

What about item 6797T13 ?

1 Off or On Off On or Off Stays Switched 3 SPDT ON-OFF-ON 15 6797T13 22.94 6797T23 12.94
Reply to
Ignoramus9377

The original switch has lugs rather than the screw terminals that this part number identifies. I would prefer to keep the lugs.

Gary

Reply to
grice

Tell Grainger you work for Boeing. No kidding.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Gary, I am sorry, what do you mean by lugs? Those things to connect quick disconnects?

Ignoramus9377

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Try:

Big operations, been arouind forever and carry a huge inventory, both electronic and industrial...

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

You're right on the forever part - I bought my Weller "junior" soldering gun from Allied around 55 years ago and still use it quite often, have given several newer copies away after buying them at yard sales for a buck or two and tightening the tip nuts to get them working again. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I believe DigiKey has a $25 minimum. Not sure about Mouser.

There's also:

and

but they're surplus so you're not likely to find something so specific. Great prices though!

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

It does not, but it has a $5 surcharge on orders under $25.

Ignoramus9377

Last i checked mouser had no mimum order BUT digikey has a canadian warehouse and canadian prices and that s a big bonus for me

even digi does not have a true "m> > It is a SPDT on/off/on 125v 16a rocker-style switch. I looked for it

Reply to
Brent

Ebay has lots of them. The Electronic store where I go has over 200 different swithches.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

To the OP, I got a switch like you want, ON-OFF-ON, solder lugs, reversing, 3/4 HP rated, 15A at 125V, with solder lugs. Stays on when turned on. It has a toggle (like a little lever or handle) for switching. Never used (solder lugs have no trace of solder).

$10 and it is yours. Plus shipping. It seems like a lot of money, to me also, but I figure that I may well need the same kind of switch one day and will have to pay big bbucks to get it, so it does not make sense to sell for cheap. Plus it does not take much space.

Ignoramus9377

That's DigiKey; Mouser has neither a surcharge nor a minimum. They (Moiuser) ship with small boxes, so ordering a few small parts is cheap on shipping, too.

I try to get things from Mouser first.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Radio Shack actually has a 20 amp rated SPDT switch with QD lugs for about 2.00.

Reply to
Steve W.

Any of dozens electronics parts places. ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

When did that start? Uncle goes there a few times a year and he is retired.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Cherry model WRG34F2HBBNN is under $2 at DigiKey. It might be wise to add the current spec, though, because motor switches also have a rating for motor size (because turn-off arcing can cause extra wear).

Reply to
whit3rd

Design your own business cards. They cost $8.50 delivered to your door for 250 of them. Full color if you use one of their templates.

They usually work pretty well if you hand one to the guy at the register if he puffs up.

This may help...

Gunner Asch Chief of Paradigm Liaison

Yoyodyne Associates Sphincter Remediation Div.

1313 Mockingbird Lane Bumphuc, California.

Though I do suggest you use your real name..particualry if you pay with a credit card....

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

I still drag out my favorite - Inventory Management Assistant, when necessary, in other words - shipping clerk/box boy. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller