Emerson Electric

No

Ask Emerson.

Yes

Reply to
dcaster

Says a winger whose largest market is in the United States.

Hypocrite.

How's that massive company expansion working for you?

TMT

How's that job search going? Do you want me to review you resume? Don't give up, even though you receive an Obammy cheese-check, you NEED to get out of your mom's basement. (I'm STILL running overtime!)

Reply to
Buerste

I think Pyotr would be willing and able to put in an honest days work. He's described his job here a couple of times and it isn't gravy. That description, however, is the problem. I could replcae him with a robot and an optical scanning inspection station. It would be more reliable than any human and be without the costs related to employment.

He needs to train out of a discipline that supports this as a smart business descision. His competition isn't some Chinaman, it's GE Fanuc Robotics.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I believe that Ridgid is Ridge tool in Pennsylvania.

1 I think that we should separate the "what" from "why".

Republicans like corporations and "the wealthy" to pay less income taxes.

I think that you are right by saying so.

The next question is why exactly they do so. Maybe it is because they like downtrodden people? Or maybe it is accidental? Or, perhaps, maybe it is because Republicans get donations from those welthy people?

In any case, as you pointed out, eventually we have to pay for everything.

Ignoramus26134

Indeed.

Gunner, Independant

Gunner Asch

Emerson has absorbed quite a few respected companies that make good products over the years.

They're pretty much the Vishay of the electrical world. If you don't know what Vishay is, just look at their website

every type of product they make is from one of more companies they absorbed. It's truly impressive.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Let the Record show that "John R. Carroll" on or about Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:44:38 -0800 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Why should I go to a third world country, where I don't speak the language, whenthe Demcorats are blithely attempting to transform the US into athird world country, where I still don't speak the language?

pyotr filipivich

LOL...I was right on target.

The only OT you are running is posting on Usenet because business sucks.

Better pray that Obama saves you.

TMT

Is Obammy -Wee-Wee going so send me some money? Yep, I'm broke, black and a Democrat, I'll hire a Democrat accountant, they know how to cook the books real good!. You'll testify for me, won't you? I know you have the time, it's re-run season. When do I get my cheese-check? You know all the scams, teach me, oh master!

Reply to
Buerste

No, but we will pay eventually for all government expenses, even if funded by government debt. It is better to start paying earlier, than later.

I have always been supportive of taxes that reflect the level of government spending. Unlike you, for example, I pay considerable amount of taxes, so this support is not because I want others to pay for something.

Ignoramus12571

I believe the idea that wealthy people are the major source of Republican funding is an often repeated fallacy.

That is true. I want to know just how much I am paying for that everything.

There is an art of hiding the knife in politics when it comes to taxes. They want the money, they just don't want you to see where it came from for fear you will revolt.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

============ High volume high value added anything will do, including agriculture and mining, however manufacturing is easier.

The well known axion "If you want more -- make more" continues to be correct, with the stipulation that you must make stuff that people want/need, e.g. GM/Chrysler cars.

An important qualification is that a significant portion of the [received] value added must go to paying down governmental, corporate and individual debts, not be skimmed by the suits/taxman, or used to justify more borrowing.

An Associated Press analysis of the economic state of more than

3,100 U.S. counties shows that conditions in manufacturing counties have been improving since March while the average county continues to get worse.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

Too_Many_Tools wrote in news:a5cc7a67-5ce7- snipped-for-privacy@v30g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

Ever hear of REALITY?

The Average American Consumer couldn't care less where a product is made so long as it doesn't cost him very much.

This is proven by the failure of the many "Buy American" campaigns that, with few exceptions, have failed miserably.

The FACT is that large US manufacturers are laying off American workers in favor of paying a tenth of the over-bloated Union wages to workers who happen to live where the taxes are cheap.

You can thank the Unions for the destruction of America.

Reply to
Eregon

I don't mind paying taxes, I mind paying for "Murtha Airport", "Bridges to Nowhere" and other absolute CRAP that the government spends my money on and the people that they let steal it.

Reply to
Buerste

Interesting, most of Obama's cabinet were caught with "mistakes" on their returns.

Interesting, do you know that Wall Street donated to Democrats by something like a 4-to-1 ratio? The falacy is that the "wealthy" are Republicans when the fact is the "wealthy" are largely Democrats.

Don't be blinded by your bias.

Reply to
Buerste

I agree with that. In such a case, I would direct my ire at those projects, as opposed to the taxes that they necessitate.

Ignoramus12571

All the "imports" I have known have embraced conservatism with gusto. But, they moved away from really bad situations.

Reply to
Buerste

So why isn't Emerson totally in China...production and sales?

And why does the CEO still live in the USA...can't find a house in China?

Does the door have to hit them in the butt before the CEO quits whining?

TMT

**************************************

Your fantasy of the Government owning everything and paying everyone's wages has been tried many times and it doesn't work. When you rob Peter to pay Paul, peter says "Screw you" and stops being robbed. You and all your Paul buddies are a drain on us Peters and YOU guys shouldn't let the door hit you in the butt before Gunner's solution comes to fruition.

Reply to
Buerste

Making CEO compensation a function of USA (labor and content) sales would go a long ways to adjusting attitude.

TMT

***************************************************** . If you don't like a company's methods, don't buy their products. If a company's products cost too much due to a CEO's pay, they won't be competitive. Your communist ways don't work.
Reply to
Buerste

I used to fit this description, until Bush attacked Iraq. This opened my eyes.

Ignoramus12571

You do mean Bush AND Congress, don't you? They ALL screwed up. But, blame Bush alone if it makes you happy.

Reply to
Buerste