Engine Hoist

Anybody want to trade a set of engine hoist plans for a set of engine stand plans? Let me know, they are in .pdf format.

Bert Newfoundland

Reply to
Bert and Eileen Plank

Buy an old hydraulic barber's chair, and remove the seat. Then, you are going to have to craft a suitable mounting fixture for the specific engine you will be working on, anyway.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

The old barber chairs in my area cost three times as much as a hoist or stand.

Charles

Reply to
xlch58

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Barber chairs are VERY popular in the West Hollywood and Fisco area. They are a much desired accessory for the S&M/BD crowd. They will pay significant money for them.

Dentist chairs..old style, are even more popular. Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden." Strider

Reply to
Gunner

"Fisco"? I don't know where that is so I did a Google. Are you referring to the Precision Tool place in the UK? Or the exporter of frozen fish in Iceland?

Now the UK I can understand. Are those Icelandians like that, too? Actually, the place I (rarely) get my car washed, which I did the other day for a special trip, has barber chairs in their waiting room. Hmmm. Wonder what goes on there after hours. Sue - with apologies to anyone here from the UK (or in the unlikely event from Iceland)

Reply to
Sue

Typo alert... that should have been "Frisco"...slang for San Francisco.

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden." Strider

Reply to
Gunner

Um. Yes, I know. Bumpkin slang for San Francisco. Seems to me I recall that you were raised Catholic. Would you have called St. Francis "Frank"? Never mind. I already know the answer. Sue

Reply to
Sue

So, how much can one get for a barber chair?

mike

Reply to
michael

Talk about getting off topic. No barber chairs available, anybody got a set to swap?

Bert Newfoundland

Reply to
Bert and Eileen Plank