Error in Gears And Gear Cutting Book?

I got this book yesterday in the mail. It's a good book but there seems to be an error on page 27 regarding fig 26 on page 26. The author states that angle TCP and TPD are the same and I don't see it. Does anybody here have the same book? Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow

I think the nomenclature may be wrong, but the angles are the same. /mark

Eric R Snow wrote:

Reply to
Mark

Hi- think the problem is that the drawing is out of scale. Move point c down a couple of inches and it makes sense.Or, locate point c by dropping a perpendicular from line TP from point T until it intersects line PC and see how it looks. Note that angleTPD is the compliment of angle TCP and so is angle PCT. Therefore they must be equal.

Reply to
Jim L.