EVER HEAR OF A 31/32-28 TAP?

Some guy called me looking for a 31/32" - 28 tpi tap for a faucet. MSC and Google both come up with nothing. does it exsist?

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Retaining ring for the spout on a kitchen set? Don't think there's any standard sizes there. Bonnet on a wall tap might be a standard thread about that size, for a given value of "standard", but I don't think it's in the SAE thread set. Internally, the actual shaft part that moves is a very coarse thread, some Acme, some multi-start, know that from taking a hundred or so scrap ones apart, no standards there. If you need a tap for that stuff, it's time to quit pinching pennies and go get a new one! With a lathe, you can cut a new tap to fit, but it'll take more time than a new one's worth unless you're dead and your time's worth nothing.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

You are sure it is not metric?

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

All I know is what the guy asked me for.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

I just asked because MSC sells a 24mx1 die. That would be close. And maybe your guy figured that since it was less than an inch and more that 15/16th that it must be 31/32 dia. even though he measured .945

=20 Dan

Reply to
dcaster

It's the dreaded M24.61 0.907 TP!