Fabricators check out the Executive Desk Clock

I came across this web site and thought my fellow craftsmen in this group would appreciate ( hey, it has some metal in it)

Executive Desk Clock

Check out this photo:
Ed

Reply to
cascadiadesign

--Holy moley!

Reply to
steamer

Yeah yeah yeah...

I could make that...maybe even use real metal... but,

what I REALLY WANT TO KNOW is how the hell do you find people who want to spend/give you money like that OFTEN enough to make it into a going business??

How??

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE does anyone know how to do that??

_-_-bear

Reply to
BEAR

A friend made his reputation restoring antique juke boxes. His were so good that PBS featured him in a special and the Museum of Science and Industry (Chicago) displayed a number of his pieces. He had no trouble selling his work for premium prices.

So -- I guess the idea is to be really really good. Get lots of exposure where people with disposable income are likely to see.

Also, the antique jukeboxes were pretty unique. There were lots of different models, and not a lot of duplicates. Turning out a bunch of unique pieces would go further than just reproducing this same Executive Desk Clock over and over.

BEAR wrote:

Reply to
Mike Berger