Fabtech preview

A bit of self-promotion here: If anyone is going to Fabtech in Chicago, or if you just want to know about new fabricating stuff that
will be at the show (including a lot of new welding equipment), our Fabtech preview issue just went live this morning and we already have over 1500 people who have downloaded the PDF version. Here's the live, reader version:
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/fabshopmagdirect/september2015
If you want the PDF, there's a "save" button on the top menu bar.
--
Ed Huntress

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 12:51:25 -0400, Ed Huntress

================WELL DONE!
Wish I could attend. Additive manufacturing seems to becoming more common.
--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 12:33:29 -0500, F. George McDuffee

Thanks, George. Yeah, it's a very good show, and I've been spoiled by 35 years of IMTS. Fabtech is not far behind.
I expect to see some new AM equipment. If anything is really interesting, I'll report on it in our December issue.
--
Ed Huntress

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 12:51:25 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

Ed, talk to your web people. Flash is on the way out. Just put up web pages and/or PDF. What does flash do for you guys---a page flipping special effect? Phew...
On Sun, 4 Oct 2015 17:11:29 +0000 (UTC), Przemek Klosowski

The whole reader is constructed to capture data for advertisers. The reader also allows links to external Web pages without leaving the reader; the Web pages linked to appear as a window within the reader page. They also give me more options for storing and loading videos.
When we send out our email blasts, we include links both to the reader and to a PDF. The PDF for September is around 40 MB.
For the September issue, so far we've had around 3,000 PDF downloads and close to 30,000 click-throughs to the reader. It will run well over 40,000 during the course of the month.
It's working pretty well. But thanks for your thoughts.
--
Ed Huntress

On Sun, 04 Oct 2015 15:06:25 -0400
<snip>

You're getting the download results from nxtbook? If not, you're not counting me...
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Yes.