Fixing this ^%(&* castor!

Got one of the folding 4' x8' trailers that have the teeeny tiny castors.

Arm with castors ooks like this now:

Im thinking straighten, replace castors with units that have longer threaded shanks, make/use spacers, and nuts on both inner and outer surfaces, or, replace the "U" channel with say, 1" square tube.

thoughts comments flames?

thanks

gary

Reply to
gary556

The U-channel just has to be closed where the bolt goes through. No wonder that it failed.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

I think you have the idea- longer threaded castor, use a spacer in the U section, or use nut to bolt it in place on the U half near the castor, and 2 more nuts to surround the other U half.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Reply to
RoyJ

Yep,

Sounds like you have a good plan. Straighten and add a spacer. If you had a spacer with threads you could use tighten your caster into the spacer. Then put a bolt in through the other side.

If you can find a castor with a longer bolt that sounds good too. Might want to get one that is a bit tougher.

I'd modify the other side too, before it bends.

Wayne D.

Reply to
Wayne

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:43:15 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com quickly quoth:

Oops! Time to straighten it and weld a nice brace on the end.

A longer-threaded shank would take care of it. Go with a larger caster, too. You'll thank yourself every time you push it around.

Yes, I'll opt for the flame, too, please.

It's "CASTER", ya nitwit! "Castor" is an oil. (see

for more info.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

CastOr oil is probably what he didn't need when he saw what happened to his castEr.

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster