Flexible spark resistant duct collecting ducts

I am looking for 4" flexible spark resistant ducts to collect dust from my 2"x72" belt grinder.

I could use aluminum ducts but my dust collector is mobile and I am going to move it every time I use my grinder and aluminum duct will eventually break.

In Home Depot I found some 4" plastic flexible ducts for cloth dryer but they are "heat resistant" not spark resistant.

Any useful info is appreciated.

Thanks, Alex

Reply to
Alex

They also have the 4" flexible aluminum ducts.

Reply to
Fred

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Hey Alex,

Have a look at :

Very flexible stuff.

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I recently researched this and found no cheap solution. The cheapest expensive solution I found was flexible truck exhaust pipe, which you can get in galvanized or stainless.

I'm currently using very light gage aluminum dryer ducting from Home Depot for my welding fume extractor. It works, and is very cheap. You could think of it as disposable, i.e. when you move it if it tears you spend another four bucks or whatever.

GWE

Alex wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin