Flycutter arrived

It was a great learning experience in how crooks, or folks that operate in a somewhat shady way, can pull crap and still survive.

Only recently (in the last couple weeks) did we find they are still in business, and have more than one identity. They simply abandoned the old one once the spam hit the fan.

Several agencies received reports, none of which took action. All it took for the crooks to get away with the fraud was to deny it-----no evidence to support their claim---just deny it. So much for justice in America.

I've been thinking about robbing a few banks. Should I get caught, I'll just tell 'em I didn't do it. Than go on vacation. Worked for them!

Remember, eBay had no problem finding them guilty, and coughed up money. Only problem was, it represented but a small fraction of the loss.

Which, if followed, *IS* the right way.

I get along with everyone as long as they do *exactly* as they're told.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Indeed. My toolbox has several Starrett scales, up to 24". They have always been my favorite, and I've endorsed Starrett for ever, but NOT the Last Word. I even have several of Starrett's long travel indicators, which I find to be wonderful devices.

Regards the Starrett scales-----when I was younger, with good eyesight, I could *reliably* read lengths within .003" when measuring to a shoulder (using 1/64" graduations), such as turning a length. Starrett got it right early on----the edge of a scale is critical----and is often the difference between an acceptable scale and junk.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Wow! how big was .003" when you were younger?

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Chuckle!

You'll be too damned busy fighting with those Last Word indicators.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

I'll be born in June. :)

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Not all personel running machines are machinists. You will find in many large scale production shops that the operators haven't a clue and will never get one.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

I think it was the same size as today's .003", but I'm not sure. I can't see it now. This isn't like walking to school, up hill both directions, in snow up to your hips, when you was a kid----this is about the joy of growing old.

Life begins at 40?

The guy that said that surely must have died when he was 39. He got it wrong. :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

My wife says 8" gets smaller every year.......

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Heh. Couple weeks ago the forecast was for a blizzard here. I told my wife she should expect 10-12 inches that night. She asked if I was bringing a friend over.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Keep her away from the scales. I've got my bride believing 12" is about the length of one's palm.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Ouch!!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

You'll not get an argument from me.

You, of course, are right!

I based my opinion on the fact that I've always worked in shops where skill and experience was necessary, although I should have known better. I'll never forget the day I talked to one of the guys I worked with at one of the jobs I held briefly before starting my own business. He had a Kennedy tool box in which he kept all his tools. As we were talking, he opened a drawer and took out a micrometer. In the same drawer with his mic's he kept several 12" files and a ball peen hammer. Couldn't believe my eyes!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos