For you military people

The Kansas City fire...sorry to hear about that.

One assumes that you have been here?

And here?

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

If you know the names of the battles, this might help:

And this free download..

You can do another military records request. Specifically request any information regarding the dates, locations and nature of all training and duty assignments. Other items you might find interesting that you might want to request include security clearances, weapons training and TDY assignments.

Good luck.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

My sister is obtaining copies of my late father's military medals, he was in the USAC before it was the USAF. They were distinguished service medals and crosses. The copies of his records survived the fire that wiped out thousands, and still have burn marks on them.

How would I go about finding the exact set of circumstances and battles and his acts that earned him these medals? There are about six medals in all, mostly big ones. From what I have read so far, a couple of these are right below the Medal of Honor. He used to have a book with all the stuff they had on the front of their uniform, and it was like 3" square. Never said a word about his service, a flight engineer on bombers in the South Pacific. He probably saw plenty.

This has been a very very very long process now, stretching into two years. Anyone give me any shortcuts on the new search? How about getting a chronology of his time in the service?

TIA I appreciate it greatly.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B