Ford F-250 common problems

Thanks everyone, the truck is sitting in the drive. No funky anti-freeze smells, not a speck of rust except on the tailpipe. Even though the tires are more than half worn, the wear is even on all four. It does have a twin I-beam front end, which I wouldn't have recognized if I hadn't been paying attention to the Ford commercials on Bonanza ca.

1964.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

As one that drives a semi, my observation is that it really depends on where one is driving. As an example when I drive in really thick southern CA traffic, blinkers on and most of the time the car in the next lane backs off and allows me to move over.

Travel 400 miles to the north in the Sacramento metro area and motorists seem to believe that one must drive by intimidation. When I signal, it becomes a race to be sure that the semi is not in front of them.

I suppose that is part of the reason that traffic flows much smoother in So Cal than in Sacto in spite of having a whole lot more traffic.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

True enough. For all of its warts and issues..Southern California has in my opinion, the best and most courteous drivers in the United States...and Id dare say much of the world.

I drive about 65k miles a year in So Cal, with jaunts to various other surrounding states, and the Midwest (Michigan etc) and the East coast metro areas..scare the living dog shit out of me. The f****rs are insane, inconsiderate and frankly shouldnt be allowed to drive a vehicle you put quarters in, outside the Kmart.

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

One place that might give the southland a run for the money is Omaha NE (And Nebraska in general.) When I used to run I80 it never ceased to amaze me that the IQ of the driving population dropped precipitously once you were on the other side of the river.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf