Forklift Rampage

Never ever leave the key in an unattended forklift.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal

I recall that someone also went on a rampage in a railroad locomotive.

Reply to
Ignoramus7945

A guy in Colorado armored a bulldozer and demolished the mayor's home, office and a store or warehouse the mayor owned, in 2004. He has his own Wikipedia entry - I guess that's a kind of fame (or infamy).

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Remember this guy in the M60 tank running over stuff in Sandy Eggo?

Larry Jaques

When I was a kid I would spend most summer days riding my bike around town, including going across the tracks. One day there was a locomotive parked there. Running. With no engineer, or any adult in sight.

Being an inquisitive boy, and knowing that I had no malice in my heart, I didn't waste any time climbing into the cabin. It was rather stark and barren, with a number of controls and gauges I had no clue as to what their function was. I also remember a metal container down on the floor that contained several road flares.

After nosing around in there for a few minutes I climbed down, got back on my bike, and rode off, with nobody the wiser. I wouldn't try that now.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

You might end up being accused of terrorist hijacking.

Reply to
Ignoramus22580

Good story, Jon. But it would have been a _GREAT_ story if you had moved the locomotive just a few feet, to prove a point.

Reply to
rangerssuck

HAH! I would have attempted to drive that thing 1/4 mile down the track, just to say I'd done it. That far enough to get my bike off and get away with an angry engineer running after me.

That must have been fun, in any case.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Actually, you do. Humidity (at LEAST as much as temperature) is a big factor in the quality of ice rink ice. We talk about the humidity in the winter a lot.

Reply to
rangerssuck

When I was a kid I fetched cast offs from the local rail yard. The engines were a mixture of Big Steam and new Diesel. The big steam would haul the tanks and heavy loads (bombs) over the Rockies only to be taken to the local SAC base and local Naval storage yard (next to Oakland).

I came home with rail spikes and old ties. I was so young, the men there knew me and loaded me up for a trip home. My wagon could handle a tie with part of it hanging out the back.

I would never consider getting on one of those trains.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn