FREE large air compressor in Seattle

What did you decide to do for sights?

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Bless me father for I have sinned.

I went and order a tang sight from Marble Arms. Windage and elevation adjustable.

I know you were strongly advocating the williams receiver sight and a fiber-optic rod front.

My reasoning was, if I went with the receiver sight I would need to install a taller front sight, and that would make the open blade rear sight unusable. The tang sight can be brought down low enough to use the existing front sight.

At the range yesterday there was a gent with one of the red fiberoptic front sights. Pretty impressive indeed.

I figure I'll ziptie the tang sight on and see how I like it before drilling and tapping the tang. If I don't like it the receiver sight would be the next choice. It was a real head-scratcher, I like the fact that the receiver sight was mounted to the existing gooved top, no modifying the gun. (my win 62A has two old attempts at mounting scopes drilled, tapped, and plugged off in the barrel. Ugly, but the gun's a shooter. I feel bad about them but not bad enough to change barrels) The issue that tipped me over the edge was the ability to use open sights though.

The gunsmith I work with said I was crazy for considering either kind of peep sight. He said "you're not 18 any more. Nothing works as well as it used to. So quit fooling around and buy a 4X scope. Your eyes are only gonna get worse."

Grump. That sure made my day.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen