FS: 12x36 Atlas/Clausing lathe

12x36 Atlas/Clausing, $159,900

No fuss with shipping or pickup, since it comes preinstalled in its own basement:

if you have problems with long urls,
If you really need to separate the lathe from its home, it's the one I had a mini-gloat about here:
Same deal. Come get it and it's yours for $500. Three jaw chuck has a few broken teeth internally now, but there's also a new 4-jaw to go with it. Back plate's there too, but I never did get a chance to attach it to the chuck. That can be project number one.

Reply to
Steve Ackman

Does it still look as nice?

Why are all the good deals 2500 miles away/

Paul in Central Oregon

Reply to
KD7HB

I have some similar lathes available in the southern CA area - an atlas, a clausing, and a south bend, and a really nice (huge) universal grinder (gallmeyer and Livingston)

basement:

or if you have problems with long urls,

Does it still look as nice?

Why are all the good deals 2500 miles away/

Paul in Central Oregon

Reply to
Bill Noble

That picture was taken on the day I finished cleaning it up after getting it home, so uh... no, it never looked that good again. ;-)

But yeah, it looks pretty much as it did 28 months ago... except for some chips in the pan.

Reply to
Steve Ackman

Thats a HELL of a deal for $500.

Some snag it!!

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch