fs: anyone need a snow tapping machine TA series

I have a friend with a TA-2-A snow tapper, near ventura Calif, he would like to sell it for $250 you pick up - drop me a note if it might interest you - similar items on ebay are $1900

he also has a Monarch 10EE (old style 1953) with a 5 hp motor that he would like to have disappear.

follow instructions below if you want to contact me and I'll pass on some contact info

Reply to
William Noble

What is a snow tapper?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Its a tapping machine, power driven

I dont recall if they use a gear set for each lead, or have a simple clutch and reverse.

They do have a air driven downfeed, high speed retract and so forth.

A dedicated tapping machine, once the industry standard for second ops tapping operations

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

A tapping machine?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Snow had another meaning in my mind. It is winter here. Snow has a totally nuther meaning. Yesterday was really special. -6.6F 30MPH wind coming down the driveway and snow drifts keeping me from parking my car.

Just to add insult to injury the wing plow dumped half the road into my driveway just as I turned the corner :(

I love snow blowing into the wind. Enjoy California, I hear the weather is it's best feature.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

yes, a machine for tapping holes - Aviation surplus, I believe, from a few decades ago. possibly douglas aircraft surplus - anyway, it's available if you want it

Reply to
William Noble

well, someone on this group got the Hardinge lathe, but this tapping machine is still available - my friend moved it from ventura to near los Angles - If we can't find someone interested, it will become parts and scrap metal - I haven't spent time looking at it carefully to see if it has "good stuff" in it or not. It looks like a drill press on steroids - might be something you could turn into a specialty mill if you didn't want it for a tapping machine. or maybe a super duper low speed drill press. It uses air and electric power, but I don't know exactly what the air is used for until I look more closely at the machine.

anyway, if you would like the machine, contact me by going to my web site,

and looking up my email

I know that is inconvenient to make you look up my email, but it dramatically reduces spam.

Reply to
William Noble