Unimat 3 Belts

Well I found a new source of cheap belts for my Unimat 3 today. A swimming pool equipment supplier and contractor. They have a variety of "O" rings that fir various bits of pool equipment and some of them are the same size as the lathe belts. Try to go befor your belt dies. It is much easier to match one up that is continuous than a broken one.

From the specs I have: long belt is: 3.25" x 0.20 Short belt is: 2.75" x 0.20 Auto feed belt is: 1.75" x 0.15

Keep on turning!

John

Reply to
John Kulczycki

You could also get some of the right size belting in bulk.

I think the material is a polyurethane. You just cut to length and fuse the ends together.

Can be a trick to line up. I use an old V block. And a solder gun can supply enough heat. Just make sure you don't actually touch the material you are heating.

DOC

Reply to
doc

I have found that if I leave the belt guard open, the O rings will last a lot longer. They run cooler? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller