FS: Jet Lathe in Maine

I have a 12x40 Jet metal lathe for sale. It was made in 1977, but is in excellent working condition. This is a precise, heavy duty lathe; it is most similar to the current 13x40 models, not the 12x40 models. It has an integral base with the motor mounted inside. It weighs 1900 pounds, very solid.

Pictures can be seen here:

The ways are hardened and ground. It has both a lead screw for thread cutting and a separate drive shaft for powering the carriage, only found on serious, precision machines. The ways are pristine.

Included are 3 jaw, 4 jaw chucks, faceplate, steady rest, quick change B series tool holder, 4 way tool holder. It all works very nicely. Lathe is set up for coolant, but I haven't tried the pump (it should work fine).

3HP *single phase* motor

$1600 in Brownfield, Maine For now at least, you pick up only. Contact Steve Smith (207)935-3878 or email snipped-for-privacy@alum.mit.edu

Thanks

Reply to
Steve Smith

I wish I had money and space for this kind of lathe. Very beautiful.

Ignoramus6998

I cannot speak for this particular machine, but the lathes of that vintage with that label were actually pretty decent.

I occasionally encounter them in production machine shops being used as prototype or utility lathes and they seem to hold up well enough for this type of work.

Gunner, machine tool service tech

Gunner

If only... Looks like a great machine, only wish I had the space, time, money, and I live in California.

Reply to
woodworker88

If you need a lathe here in California..you only need the space and money. The lathes are easy.

Gunner

Gunner

Unfortunately, not need (yet). Just want.

Reply to
woodworker88