FS - Several Older Machines Cheap (SoCal)

I spent a couple of hours today viewing and buying a number of used machines that had been operated for many years as a tool and die shop. I passed on about half the machines as they were too old or too obsoltete to earn any money with. Here is a short list. 15-16" Rockford lathe with flat belt drive, two ugly old turret lathes both apparently operational, cute little Hendey table top planer, 16-18" shaper, small Index vertical mill, absolutely the oldest Miller Heliarc welder I have ever seen several horizontal mills and more. With the exception of the Heliarc I think all the machines had been converted from overhead lineshft power. The building had 3 phase power so the motors could have been either single or three phase. Speaking of motors there were at least 30 very antique looking motors in a storage rack. I did buy a Hardinge Cataract lathe, and early HLV, a B'port J-Head, Siamp vertical mill, Cincinnati #2 cutter grinder, a Boyer Schultz 6"x18" surface grinder and a lot of smalls. All of these items are for sale and I am certain I will pull a few wheel barrow loads of tooling out of the buildings when I have better chance to inspect the situation. The reason for this rather lengthy post is everything mentioned above is for sale. I told the owner I would help him find homes for the machines that I didn't buy and I am doing that posting here on RCM. I am not going to drag every potential buyer into these buildings (they are in LA) but if you want something make an offer, by Email and I will evaluate the machine, make your offer to the owner and get back to you. Since I will be moving the stuff out with the help of a rented fork lift I'll work with you on loading and let you make a contribution toward the forklift rental or my lunch. The move out will be in a week or two and most probably on two consecutive weekdays. There is tons of stuff that will be scrapped as it is just too obsolete and or too rusty to bother with and I will ask the current owner if I can offer it too you folks when I am done loading. Contact me at snipped-for-privacy@PacBell.net or (949) 645-7601 if you want something. I get so much Spam and crap on this Email address I probably will delete any message you try to send me here. Leigh@MarMachine

Reply to
Leigh Knudson

Planer? Shaper?

Hummm I dont have a planer.... Id like to have one.

Ill call you.

Gunner

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important." -- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960

Reply to
Gunner