FYI: Kennametal buys used carbide

Some time ago someone posted to this group that they buy used carbide and I think many, myself included were wondering how trustworthy he is. He didn't directly answer any questions but occasionally would post something saying we could trust him if anyone seemed to challenge him. I seem to recall at least one person using his service and posting that they were satisfied.

At any rate, I just found out that Kennametal is buying too. Their current price is $7.75/lb for inserts but I don't know whether they have a minimum. You can also get a Kennametal credit or invoice reduction if you prefer that over cash but I don't expect to be able to buy anything from them any time soon.

which redirects you to:

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

pzd125

Keith, I didn't know Kennametal bought used carbide either. I've used Sandvik in the past. They send you a metal bound wooden box. and even used to send a pre-paid shipping label, not sure if they still do. Not much info on the site

("recycle now!" about half way down the page). The pre-paid shipping was a real plus, that stuff's heavy. Paul

Reply to
Paul

I didn't know about them either. Thanks!

I'm just a hobbyist and not a heavy enough user myself but thought others here might like to know about Kennametal and now they'll know about Sandvik too.