SnapOn Solus Pro Personality Key numbers?

I purchased a SnapOn Solus Pro scan tool, and am needing some of the "personality" keys..and am unable to make heads or tails of the key listings

I need the key for a 2001 Chevy Venture..anyone know what that key is? Same with:

Ford Ranger (2001) 3.0 Ford Econoline E350 with 351 Windsor

2003 Dodge Caravan 1997 Mazda/Ranger 3.0

I have all the adapters, power and data cables etc...just need the "keys" and cant figure out what they should be...K-12, K-3 etc etc

I bought it from a automotive shop that went t*ts up and the owner owed me some favors....so I got it fairly cheaply.

Looks like this:

He couldnt find the keys...sigh.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

No problem. Call the local Snap-on guy.

Why would you spend anything to diagnose what you don't know how to repair, on vehicles for which you can't afford license plates?

Reply to
Shelter From the Storm

Not exactly, but they're immensely helpful with some issues.

Get a factory shop manual if you plan to do any serious work.

Old time know how wasn't that great even when vehicles were very simple. For example, lots of idiots, even professional ones, would replace the battery, alternator and starter because they were essentially guessing. Following diagnostic steps in order was always best, and that hasn't changed.

One needs some smarts and experience, same as always.

Good equipment can be invaluable. In this case it's incomplete, and just something else for Wieber to hoard. It will be that much harder for him to pay his rent or buy plates now, but he can brag that he "prefers" Snap-on, etc. Even though he can't spell it properly, much less afford to make it operational or replace an expensive battery.

Reply to
Shelter From the Storm

Hit Ebay and get a full set of keys, MUCH easier. # 252997569604 gets you the full domestic/asian kit.

This is because for a couple of your listed vehicles there are more than one key used depending on what you are actually testing.

The common chart will tell you the key based on the software update in the tool AND which cable you have.

They are a good tool once you get used to them.

Reply to
Steve W.

Seems like a question you should have asked *before* buying the thing. I suggest you send a copy of the Wieber Cliff Notes, a.k.a. "pretty good listing" of your accomplishments, to every Snap-on dealer. Maybe one of them will be starstruck by your fables.

Reply to
Shelter From the Storm