Garden Sprayer (with metal wand; metal related)

Where's a good place to get a one galon garden sprayer? I had one from Walmart, from some years ago. Came with a bottle of Roundup. Nice yellow tank, black pump and funnel,
brass wand, great flow and delivery. And now it leaks.
Bought a cheapie from Harbor Freight, but it delivers hardly any water flow. The ones walmart had last season used to have, plastic wands and look like nearly no flow.
I use these to rinse dust out of condensors on refrigerated equipment. The HF one doesn't blast enough to get all the dust out the back of the corrugated fins.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Home depot, Lowes, etc all carry Hudson type 1 gallon sprayers. About $14. http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?keyword=1+gallon+sprayer&langId=-1&storeId 051&catalogId053
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:37:43 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

http://tinyurl.com/ybdy5f3
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 31, 7:37 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Look for an old water-based fire extinguisher. I got a stainless one from a scrap dealer at scrap price, needed a couple of seals(o-rings), blasts pretty good at rated pressure. You do need an external source of air, though. Scrap dealer said they couldn't be used anymore at schools and such due to changes in the law.
Stan
Add pictures here
✖

Have you got a $100 to get the real thing? http://www.solousa.com/store/browse/backpack_sprayers.html
Every 500 or so hours of use there's a couple of washers to replace. One of my units is 20 years old now.
Karl
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 19:20:53 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"

Nice! I picked up a scratch-n-dent 2gal stainless Hudson with backpack straps (as if) which is serving me well. $40 delivered.
-- Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. -- George Bernard Shaw
Add pictures here
✖
Maybe ten years ago, I did buy a backpack sprayer. Can't remember which company. HF or Northern tools, or some other catalog place. Got the big 5 gal one. Fifty bucks, but it looked like a neat toy. And it arrived with a gentle fan sparay tip, not adjustable. To get the brass tip which was adjustable, needs another $16.95 plus shipping, to the company. I did that. And, in all the years I've owned it, I've not used the sprayer for anything useful.
I figured it would be good for cleaning coils on roof top AC, but havn't done one of those. Or for brush fires, but havn't done one of those either.
I still have the sprayer. I should tear it apart, and vaseline all the orings, and grease the sprayer tip threads (brass tip; metal related content.)
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I get em at yard sales. And I never buy plastic ones.
Shrug
Gunner
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 16:54:12 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch

I do, for new insect/herb-icides I need to spray once or twice. I usually give $0.50 for the little 1gal jobs...AFTER I've ensured that they spray water and don't leak anywhere.
-- We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us. -- Marcel Proust
Add pictures here
✖