Metal Related - but barely

Greetings and Salutations

I got an email from an engineer friend of mine. He got a contact from San Diego for some Engineering work. Interpreting Boeing Drawings. Old Boeing drawings. Would you believe Boeing 707 kind old?

Doesn't matter - all I have to do is read these very tiny letters on the copies and find the -9 model parts, and the dimensions, and contours. That's all. It isn't machining parts, but ... Eh, its a living, gives me something to do, keeps me off the streets at night.

tschus pyotr

- pyotr filipivich. as an explaination for the decline in the US's tech edge, James Niccol wrote "It used to be that the USA was pretty good at producing stuff teenaged boys could lose a finger or two playing with."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Any port in a storm...

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Got good glasses and a few cases of chow and you are golden.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Mon, 05 Oct 2009 17:22:03 -0700 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Or find the imaging software somewhere else (one has to wonder about the implications when a site "redstone.army.mil" keeps crashing.) Hey, I can read this.

Yeah, now I have no excuses.

pyotr filipivich