Question about casing malleablity

This is a Rockwell video

They mention "malleable logarithmic casings" - does anyone know if it is the casing or the logarithms which are malleable?

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich. Discussing the decline in the US's tech edge, James Niccol once wrote "It used to be that the USA was pretty good at producing stuff teenaged boys could lose a finger or two playing with."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Yes -- it is!

This is the first time I have heard this -- though I have seen it in print several times in the past. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Are these common or natural logarithms?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

Paul Drahn on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:14:31

-0800 typed >>

Ah, I had not thought of that. Maybe they're a third base - the "malleable" logarithm. Hmm, more research is obviously needed - think maybe we can get a grant from the Department of Energy? Saving energy by being more efficient makes it a green project, yes?

"For the Planet!"

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

[ ... ]

Neither -- they are modular bifurcated logarithms -- expressed in octal.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Oh! I should have know that!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

Speaking of 'Modular'. Was it you who was looking for some 10P10C modular plugs a while back? Here are sme for 35 cents each.

Michael A. Terrell

Of course, it is all plain now. A malleable logarithm is based on a scale from e to pi, using imaginary numbers.

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I like math problems I can solve with a mallet. jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Well, aren't mallets mode from logs? ERS

Reply to
etpm

[ ... ]

Thanks. But I *have* at least enough of the plugs, and what I need is the crimper for them. I thought at first that this was showing what I needed down in the corner, but a click there doesn't go beyond

8P8C connectors.

Of course -- this was for a sBus card for multiple RS-232C cables (and the extra pins were only needed for synchronous operation), and I only have a couple of sBus systems still running -- for the moment.

Thanks again, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I'll keep an eye out for one.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

  1. Lie
Gunner

[ ... ]

[ ... ]

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Not the 8P8C (eight pins, eight wire connections). The 4P2C, btw, is used for some phone installations where only the center two pins of the RG-11 connector design are used. (Unless RG-12 happens to be

10P10C -- nope, it is 6P4C according to another of Fuiturelec's pages.) The RJ numbers (I don't know why they used "RG" instead of "RJ" in the above line) don't extend to the 10P10C at the bottom of the first table:

Maybe I could machine up an alternate male half of the dies for the nice AMP crimper for modular connectors with interchangeable dies. The body of the connector fits in the female half of the die set just fine, but the male half only pushes down 8 pins, not the ten needed.

Or -- since I don't really need the outer two pins (I'm not doing synchronous data connections), I could simply pull the outer two pin blades before crimping. The manual for the interface card warns that using a standard 8-pin RG-45 would damage the connectors on the card.

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Their entire website is lacking in technical quality.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Resulting in a much lower per-piece cost. Thank your lucky stars, Mikey.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Not really. Most of what they sell can be found elsewhere at better prices. Some items are at retail. I was talking about their descriptions, and edited datasheets not the way the site is designed.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell