Giant Paperweight

I have been looking and looking and looking and I just can't find anything for Pulse MIG under $3K + $1k add-on except the imports. There are two of them, but I never heard of either one I started looking.

I know! I know! Buy good or buy twice.

I've read a couple reports of guys who used them for about six months and then they died. I just want to know if they got decent welds out of them for those six months?

Everlast is one (and of the two the one I would be more likely to gamble on), and Longevity is the other.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I hadn't heard of pulsed MIG. Sounds like a new top end idea. I personally wonder if the average Joe needs it.

For my money I'd buy a used Miller MIG blue box. I have a 252 that I got at an auction for $500 with the AL spool gun. I can't imagine needing more MIG than this tool. This machine will be in great shape at my estate auction.

To me MIG is for production welding. When you need extra fine control for a special application, move over to TIG.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I have a Miller 212... that unfortunately I paid retail for. Its got dual guns, dual bottles, and dual regulators. It does steel or aluminum "ok". For light steel I tend to use the flux core mini welder instead.

Don't have a TIG and don't know how to use one.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Everlast and Longevity sounds like brands of batteries that come with a remote control.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I have found that I use MIG where I used to use 3/32 stick. I have a Lincoln SP125+ and so it's not capable of welding thick material without pre-heating the material. But when I can use it in place of stick I do. It seems that before I got the little MIG welder I would often TIG weld something that should have been stick welded as far as time goes. Just because changing from TIG to stick takes a wrench to switch cables and because I really like TIG welding much more than stick welding. But now that I have the little MIG I want a bigger one. So many jobs that I do are so much easier and faster with the MIG. And since I don't weld for my main living I still have a lot of fun with the "squirt gun". Eric

Reply to
etpm

LOL. I thought the Everlast sounds like a sears brand at first. In fact the Sears website lists the Everlast welders, but if you look close its an Amazon like third party sale.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

the sears website is a complete trainwreck. I don't think they list any items on it that they even really sell. It's like some junk aggregation website that lists past sales from stuff on ebay.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader