GLOAT Woo-Hoo

This followed me home last Friday.

X-axis has .015 backlash, Y-axis has .005, but the shop stole a part before I got it. It's the big flathead screw that holds the nut in position. H108 cross-feed nut retaining screw on the parts list. Where to get? Gibs are nice & snug. Also need the oiler, that got took too. Gonna need to put bearings in the spindle, flycutting more than .030 deep rattles & leaves bad finish. Also got a Sony Magnascale (working, ). And a vise. And a collet holder with all sizes in 1/16ths from

1/8 to 3/4. Yee hah. Woo-hoo. Need a drawbar, and gotta replace the collet locating pin.

What's that, you say? How much?

Hold onto your desk, chair, whatever. Howzabout $200 sound? Yes, way.

Can you say homina, homina, homina?

Towing company charged $95 to deliver on a flatbed, and slid it off, inside the garage door. Whattadeal.

It's 440 3 phase, but that's a minor problem. Worry about that later. Gotta clean it up, & replace the parts that got swiped first.

Finally, I got a gloat.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Steve Walker fired this volley in news:ws6dnbCc- qyKxDvQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Heh! Well, you've got $200 worth of iron, and at least it cuts metal. Let's see what it takes in $$$ to get it to tolerance!

At least, for $200.00, you can re-sell it for $750, and get takers!

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Steve Walker fired this volley in news:ws6dnbCc- qyKxDvQnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I'll give you this, though. IF the DRO and scales are good, you could get $200 for those, alone.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignoramus10266

Well Iggy said he hated you, I would like to say "You Suck!"

Roger Shoaf

Reply to
RS at work

If Iggy hates you, you must a got a deal! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Good score steve. Needs some work, but nothing you can't handle. Congrats!

Reply to
Rex