Got some machines for sale

I had these in storage in a friends shop and finally got them home a week or two ago.

Rivett 918 second ops lathe. Rather hard to find Ive got a rather nice collection of turret tooling that we can sort through, from Hardinge and other machines that will work on this $800

Hardinge DV-59 with X/Z table and tailstock. I may have other bits and pieces to run with it. $1800 OBO

Walker-Turner 20" bandsaw. Ive been told its actually a Milwaukee bandsaw which is a goodie $2000 OBO

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Gunner fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I've got a Kalamazoo 8A that'll handle 24" x 8". It was a bit of a stinker when I got it (cheap) because of all the "shop fixes" that were done over the years. But, Kalamazoo still offers parts for it, and I fix up one little bugger at a time, as it annoys me. It's a workhorse, and I couldn't get by without it. Drive wheel bushings, next.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Ayup. Ive got a smaller 15" bandsaw that Ive had for nearly 15 yrs..also a Walker Turner and its been a workhorse in my shop. Over the weekend I cut fiberglass, wood, some 303 stainless plate and some rebar.

I just wish I had a working blade welder..sigh

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I have a Startrite H225, same deal, got it cheap, it was not working. I ripped out the junk Telemecanique contactor and replaced it with a Square D that I had. My guy fixed all mechanical issues. Now I use it to make $$$

Ignoramus2009
[snip]

In the mean time, it's easy to silver braze bandsaw blades together.

Make a fixture to hold the blade ends for grinding the scarf on the ends to be joined, and another fixture to hold the scarf together while torch brazing the ends together.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Ayup..Ive been tigging them with some good sucess..but it takes much longer to do if one isnt set up to do it.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner