Gradual failure of gas grill regulator

I was around 180, and I kept that weight until I was stuck in bed for about two full years. My weight slowly climbed to 297 pounds, because I was too ill to walk more than a few steps. I didn't know that I was diabetic, so the weight just piled up. I have lost 50 pounds and I am working to lose more of it. It isn't easy, when you walk with a cane, and even then, not well.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

So, no more 400 situps and 150 Jumping Jacks in the morning, eh? Me, either.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I went swimming in a partly frozen lake on a warm day in early May to see how far I could swim to save someone. The answer was not far at all, certainly not 50 yards if even 50 feet. My skin was too numb to really feel the cold but I also couldn't grab a rope or walk out easily.

--jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I've worked here in a tee shirt at the freezing point. Once I warm up, I sweat if I have sleeves or jacket on. I've always needed the reverse of a vest. My torso is warm from the work, but my arms got cold. My main jacket for work was a simple, unlined windbreaker. When you just stand around, your metabolism drops and you need a real jacket, but if you work, your metabolism warms you up in a hurry. I think the average human body puts out 300w of heat on a regular basis, much more when working.

That's just nuckin' futs. It's as bad as running naked of the sauna and jumping into a snow bank. Silly Darwinist Northerners. "How many times can we do this before our hearts explode?"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's around 300 BTU. 341 BTU/hr = 100 W.

--jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

88w, OK.

Thanks for the correction, as it had been quite awhile since I read that. Interesting link. Thanks, Hardi. From 260 sleeping to 2000 BTU/hr working/swimming is quite a range.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I learned 100W per person as a rule of thumb for the heat a seated audience generates, to judge how to set the heating or cooling before a performance.

Then there's Summer Stock theatre in an old barn with no heating or cooling. Glad I wasn't under the hot lights on stage! (I was operating them from the booth).

--jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I've never tried for that many, of either. I got enough exercise working.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell