has anything come along after StrictlyIC ?

StrictlyIC magazine was published by Robert Washburn between about

1989 and 1992. Sadly he is no longer with us and the magazine ceased publication.

That magazine filled a niche, it bought readers up to speed with techniques for successful model engine building like no other. It was a gem.

I know beacuse I scanned the club's copy to cd today so that I didnt have to continually borrow it. The skim read as I scanned was a treasure.

Has any magazine been published since that was aimed at model engine builders or did this just vanish after the editor's passing?

Do you NAMES guys have an engine builders magazine?

Stealth Pilot Secretary, Society of Model & Experimental Engineers, Perth Western Australia

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

Check out Model Engine Builder, a quarterly started by Mike Rhemus with the March, 2005, issue. Very professionally done and builds on Bob Washburn's legacy.

-Dave Plumpe

snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com ANTI-SPAM: To email, replace "lastname" with "plumpe" ====================

Reply to
Dave Plumpe

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

Model Engine Builder! I have it since the first issue. It really is great. Had one or two of SIC, and MEB is a full replacement. Excellent plans!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Where do you meet ? I now live in Gosnells

Alan, in Gosnells, Western Oz. VK6 YAB VKS 737 - W 6174

Reply to
alan200

You know, you may have just started yourself a small business - I would speculate that you could get the rights to reissue the scanned copies for a modest royalty fee from his estate, or you may even find that the mag is out of copyright - you would then be able to provide a service and earn a few $ for your labor.......

Reply to
William Noble

Either that or a nice letter and lawsuit from the copyright holder.

Note the not particularly fine print near the bottom of the page at

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

right - that's why I suggested "get rights" - the not so fine print claims copyright, but if one has permission (for a royalty fee, for example), then all is well.

Reply to
William Noble

I believe that's not true. Robert Washburn is alive and well, and a contributor and advisor to the new magazine. He chose to retire, but is still involved in selling copies of back issues of the magazine he started (Strictly IC), assuming I remember it correctly.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

We drive over to a church hall in applecross. I should know the night but I dont this year. it changed I think. I'll have to ask the president who also lives in Gosnells. You'd be most welcome to come along. membership ...well we stopped worrying about fees so we set them at

5cents just to keep the riffraff out :-) and I think Ron paid the entire clubs fees this year. $2.00

btw my actual email is tailwind at westnet dot com dot the other bit for australia there are other radio enthusiasts in the club.

this year I think I'm going to have to get a plan for a little farm engine replica and goad the entire club into building one each. Stealth Pilot

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

that accords with something quite puzzling in the details of the new magazine. articles by robert as though he was alive. we in the club were told one night that he had died. if he hasnt ...bloody good for him! I enjoyed reading his work.

Stealth Pilot

Reply to
Stealth Pilot

Tailwind, any chance you own a Tailwind aircraft?

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Or he eats lots of beans and habeneros

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

No, that would mean he owns an Ex-Military Jet. The beans for the thrust, and the Habañeros for the afterburner...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 06:22:14 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Bruce L. Bergman quickly quoth:

Ackshully, fellas, once you've eaten beans several times in one week, your body attunes itself to the change in enzymes and the nice little legumes no longer give you gas at all.

And a correction on the above would be that the beans give the thrust and the Scotch Bonnets give the afterburner AND solid content jets. (quickly running the other way)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

21 year old Wittman W8 Tailwind. No I didnt build it. at the rate I'm repairing and replacing things eventually I will have :-)

Stealth Pilot

Reply to
Stealth Pilot