Rotate along comand

I am working with some assemblies, and I would really like a command that allows me to rotate a part along a edge, centerline, etc. and then specify the degrees of rotation. Seems simple, but it looks to me like Solidworks only has a drag rotate that you can't input the degrees. If you want to rotate on the x, y, or z axis you can do what i want, but I want to pick my own axis.

Is there a way?

Jim

Reply to
J & J

Jim, Apply the any mate as you normally do but check the option box "Use for positioning only". This may give you the interaction you need. Eddie

Reply to
Eddie Cyganik