Heat requirement for foundry?

Well, fellows, you all have smooth sailing for a while. The east coast is holding up its' end of the conservation of bustedness equation. The appliances in the household have gone union and decided to head south at the same time. Which leads to the question. I will be scrapping a gas dryer with a 20,000 BTU burner. Should I pull the burner assembly for future modification for use in a foundry?

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

I don't know what it looks like but I'd keep it just because stuff needs to be kept. There's all kinds of things that might be whipped up from it- jacuzzi heater?

Good to hear the Conservation of Bustness has moved from my place for a while but it's been replaced here by Advanced Applied Poison Ivy Studies.

John

Reply to
JohnM

It'd have to be a pretty well-insulated foundry. The Reil burner puts out up to 200,000 BTU/hr.

Reply to
Don Foreman