Help IDing old post vise

I have been looking for a post vise for a while and bought this one yesterday 2 miles from my house. I got it for $100 and a chain vise was included in the deal.

Here are some pics:

It has 5" jaws and probably weighs 60 lb.

Can any one help me figure out how old it is. The marks (2nd pic) are farily cryptic to me although I understand that many weren't marked. It looks forged and not cast.

Now I need to figure out how to take it apart and get it cleaned and lubed.

Thanks.

Jeff Dantzler

Reply to
Jeff Dantzler