Help IDing old post vise

I have been looking for a post vise for a while and bought this
one yesterday 2 miles from my house. I got it for $100 and a
chain vise was included in the deal.
Here are some pics:

It has 5" jaws and probably weighs 60 lb.
Can any one help me figure out how old it is.
The marks (2nd pic) are farily cryptic to me although
I understand that many weren't marked. It looks forged and
not cast.
Now I need to figure out how to take it apart and get it
cleaned and lubed.
Thanks.
Jeff Dantzler
Reply to