Help Needed: Harding 3J chuck stuck

Hello,

While turning close to my chuck my Aloris tool holder handle rubbed on the rubber grip/handle of my Harding-Sjogren 3J chuck and it seems to have tighened it up. Well now I can't undo the chuck to remove a collet. Anyone have some ideas how to loosen it up? It's been a bit tight before but nothing like this.

While typing, anyone every take on of these chucks apart? I'm pretty sure it's about time that it needs an internal cleaning etc. I got it from e-bay and the zirk fitting to lubricate it has always been bent slightly so I could replace it while I was cleaning it up. I am heading to the Hardinge WWW site next to see if I can get a manual but thought I would ask here at the same time.

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Williams

I have two 2x4's joined on end with a door hinge and a with the "Chuck Pliers" closed I bored a hole near the hinge that is slightly smaller than the chuck. The handles are about 3' long. Works every time and wont mar the chuck.

Reply to
Tom Gardner