Help with welding symbol use

I have a question about the "weld-all-around" symbol. We have a detail where we have a stiffener plate welded to the inside of an I-beam. It is welded on the full lengths of each flange and along the web, but only on one side of the stiffener plate. Is it inappropriate to put the "weld-all-around" circle on the welding callout if the callout indicates a weld on only one side of the plate? I got a call today from a client who believes the circle means weld all around, both sides, even though the callout only indicates weld on one side.

Reply to
scritch

3.10.1 Welds in Multiple Directions or Planes. A continuous weld, whether single or combined type, ex- tending around a series of connected joints may be speci- fied by the addition of the weld-all-around symbol at the junction of the arrow and reference line. The series of joints may involve different directions and may lie in more than one plane.
Reply to
Ned Simmons