here's an interesting design for a bandsaw blade guide

ran across this thing in a friend's garage, took a while to do some research, but if you follow the link below to the ebay auction, I have a link there to the relevant patent (you need to have the proper viewer installed to see it) - the text that goes with the patent is very interesting in that it explains all the key considerations for this guide.

I have never seen another, but then again, I'm not much of a tool collector - what about you guys?

Reply to
William Noble

Bill

Did you forget a link?

Carl Boyd

Reply to
Carl Boyd

Ebay item number 300178187736

Reply to
marc.britten

Feed the number (01374600) to and you will be able to download a pdf of the patent.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

It looks a lot like an old DoAll guide I have on my bandsaw.

Reply to
oldjag

yep, I guess I did forget the link - here it is

to give you some idea of size, the roller is 2 inches in diameter - this thing is much bigger than bandsaw guides I've seen before - of course I haven't seen everything

Reply to
William Noble