HF 18V drill Mod

Picked up the HF 18V drill SKU 06055 on sale for $15. Didn't realize until I got home it isn't variable speed. No biggy. I have a 9.6V HF VSR drill that is worse than useless. The battery won't drill more than 4-5 1/4" holes before puking. I swapped the VSR switch, chopper and heat sink from the 9.6 into the 18V drill. Minor mods only required. CMOS shouldn't mind the higher voltage. It works well; I ran the drill extensively and drilled a 1" hole 2" into wood with a Forstener bit. No failure. JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR NORTH

It's nice when things work out like you planned and hoped they would, isn't it?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia