High performance dry lubricant

I watched a webinar on Molykote's new dry lubricant yesterday. It's quite a n advance. Although it's oriented towards production applications, it may b e of interest to some members here. I was interested in the possible applic ations for Stirling engines, which have a real problem with liquid lubrican ts.

You can see it here:

edhuntress2

Is it something like this?

Ignoramus13623

That's old Molykote, which has been around for years. The new product is the same company but it's much, much tougher and longer lasting.

So they tell us. But these are the Molykote folks. They probably know what they're doing.

Reply to
edhuntress2

I would like to buy some of iot to try it out...

Reply to
Ignoramus13623

-aerosol/

s the same company but it's much, much tougher and longer lasting.

hat they're doing.

As I mentioned, the product is made mostly for production applications. Whe n I want something like that, I call the company and ask for a sample, as I did a few years ago with dry anti-rust coatings, and a few years before th at with a new synthetic oil. I usually get a lifetime supply.

Good luck. I can't help by telling them I'm a manufacturing magazine editor thinking about writing a story anymore, or I'd see what I could do for you .

Reply to
edhuntress2

Aren't you a ex-magazine editor, now a Web publishing freelancer looking at writing an article on some of the latest lubricants your followers may be interested in...

Dead tree magazines are so 20th century now ;-)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

You would have been a natural, Leon. d8-)

Reply to
edhuntress2

How well did they perform?

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I don't remember the specific brands, but, in general, they were good if nothing touched them.

I wasn't impressed.

Reply to
edhuntress2