High performance dry lubricant

I watched a webinar on Molykote's new dry lubricant yesterday. It's quite a n advance. Although it's oriented towards production applications, it may b
e of interest to some members here. I was interested in the possible applic ations for Stirling engines, which have a real problem with liquid lubrican ts.
You can see it here:
https://event.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei 14371&tp_keyc63dfe1b
--
Ed Huntress

Is it something like this?
https://www.ellsworth.com/products/by-market/defense/lubricant-products/anti-friction-coating/dow-molykote-d-321-r-dry-film-lubricant-black-312-g-aerosol/
On Monday, November 12, 2018 at 12:26:51 PM UTC-5, Ignoramus13623 wrote:

That's old Molykote, which has been around for years. The new product is the same company but it's much, much tougher and longer lasting.
So they tell us. But these are the Molykote folks. They probably know what they're doing.
--
Ed Huntress

I would like to buy some of iot to try it out...
On Monday, November 12, 2018 at 1:41:02 PM UTC-5, Ignoramus13623 wrote:

:
dfe1b

s/anti-friction-coating/dow-molykote-d-321-r-dry-film-lubricant-black-312-g -aerosol/

s the same company but it's much, much tougher and longer lasting.

hat they're doing.

As I mentioned, the product is made mostly for production applications. Whe n I want something like that, I call the company and ask for a sample, as I did a few years ago with dry anti-rust coatings, and a few years before th at with a new synthetic oil. I usually get a lifetime supply. <g>
Good luck. I can't help by telling them I'm a manufacturing magazine editor thinking about writing a story anymore, or I'd see what I could do for you .
--
Ed Huntress

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 10:53:21 -0800 (PST) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
<snip>

Aren't you a ex-magazine editor, now a Web publishing freelancer looking at writing an article on some of the latest lubricants your followers may be interested in...
Dead tree magazines are so 20th century now ;-)
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI
On Monday, November 12, 2018 at 3:02:48 PM UTC-5, Leon Fisk wrote:

You would have been a natural, Leon. d8-)
--
Ed Huntress

How well did they perform? -jsw
On Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 6:45:50 AM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins wrote:

I don't remember the specific brands, but, in general, they were good if nothing touched them. <g>
I wasn't impressed.
--
Ed Huntress