High performance ADC's needed

Hi! I am looking for a AD converter that can be interfaced with an microprocessor. It should have the following specs;

  • 16-bit resolution
  • 8 channels
  • An SPI interface
  • Have a wide input span (5-15 Volts minimum)
  • Be able to sample 8 kHz minimum

Would be nice if anyone could give me some help where to find something that matches this. So far the ADS8344/ADS8345 from Texas is the best one that is on the market but it is limited to a input span of 5V.

Reply to
Beagles

| Hi! I am looking for a AD converter that can be interfaced with an | microprocessor. It should have the following specs; | | * 16-bit resolution | * 8 channels | * An SPI interface | * Have a wide input span (5-15 Volts minimum) | * Be able to sample 8 kHz minimum | | Would be nice if anyone could give me some help where to find something | that matches this. So far the ADS8344/ADS8345 from Texas is the best one | that is on the market but it is limited to a input span of 5V.

At 8 kHz, a 3:1 transformer should work OK. If you want to avoid any possible reactive impedance, or just do it on the cheap, a resistor network might work if you can deal with some power losses (normally the ADC should be high impedance so it should be designable at a small loss). If you can indicate what the source and load impedances are, I'm sure someone can figure what resistors would work.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam