Homemade cement mixer?

Anyone out there ever make one? I have a small Kubota Tractor with a pto capable of 14 hp, and lots of old 50-80 gallon steel water tanks. Would be nice to be able to mix up a decent amount instead of the one cubic foot that most do. Any ideas would be appreciated, like how to slow the 540 rpm pto to what??? 40?

Thanks RO

Reply to
Robert Olin

Have the PTO drive a small wheel that rubs against the drum.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Any ideas would be appreciated, like how to slow the 540 rpm pto

Have the PTO drive a small wheel that rubs against the drum.

my mixer runs around 25 rpms. At that rate you would need a 1" diameter tire running against a 24" drum

Reply to
Wwj2110