Hossfeld type bender plans

Do I recall someone posting plans for a Hossfeld type bender in the dropbox? Or perhaps there was mention of a web site that describes how to build one.

A friend who is wintering in FL just emailed me with a problem with bending and asked if I could point him toward some information.

Many thanks,

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology H.H. Ellis Technical High School

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society

Errol Groff

Errol,

Try http://www.k> Do I recall someone posting plans for a Hossfeld type bender in the

Reply to
Dave Young

Thanks Dave. The link has been forwarded to my pal in FL.

Errol

Reply to
Errol Groff

Depending on how big the materials are, you might consider a cheapo. I got one still in the box I have yet to mount. I owned one like it from a co. called Breakdown, IIRC. Had nice round bending dies, and was pretty rugged. Nothing like a Hossfeld, but it worked for what I was using it for. You got to bend a lot of stuff to justify Hossfeld cost. A set of scrolls cost me $285 in 1982, and are around $900 now.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I believe that Steve is refering to "Lockdown Security" AKA Shop Outfitters. I don't have a web address for them but a search should get you one.

Reply to
John Miller

That's it. I bought that one in '87. The one I have now looks identical. Pretty reasonable, and results are passable. For the money.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB