How many stupidities can you notice in this Craigslist ad

I see one......they want $800 for it.

Reply to
GatherNoMoss

Good job. Try to find the other one.

Ignoramus3147

"Ignoramus3147" wrote: Good job. Try to find the other one. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Since it comes with an electric outlet, does it come with the wall?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

That's a good one too, and the one I overlooked. The one I saw was that there was no way to contact the seller. (maybe the seller will revise this ad)

Ignoramus3147

Personally I would be glad to get an electric outlet with a welder I bought rather than try to get the proper one at Home Despot or equivilent.

It looks like Craigslist was sharp enough to catch the omission in the welder ad.

At least the person wasn't foolish enough to include his e-mail address. Several weeks ago I advertised a valve grinder for sale and within 2 days I received 3 e-mails saying something like: I will buy your device and I'll send a money order and/or a cashier's check and my representative will be by shortly to pick up the device. I did not bite on these and I won't include my e-mail address with anymore ads. Engineman

Reply to
engineman1

Starting with the price?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

And ending with no contact information.

Ignoramus3147

Actually, Craig's List automatically provides you with a direct link to the seller, and hopefully when contacted will provide you with both his/her email address and telephone number.

I've been using Craig's List for local sale of things that I don't want to ship, like a Ford Bronco and 10 ranks of pipe organ pipes and have no complaints. I find it a wonderful resources, for buyers and sellers that eventually come face to face.

Still, the seller for major items are frequently contact by out of the area scammers, who often emulate the "African Scam" if you are familiar with it. Any legitimate seller that I know of on Craig's List will require you to examine the merchandise before buying it, unlike auction sites like eBay (which I also sell on).

Unfortunately Craig's List is getting a bad name here in this area, because it has been a haven for 'hookers' and prostitues to post on the 'personals' pages, which if I was managing Craig's List, I'l eliminate these categories.

For Craig's List buyers, it is a much safer bet than buying on eBay, since you generally examine the merchandise for sale in person before buying. That's it's strong point.

Most buyer would take a close look at that $800 welder that this guy is selling, and determine for themselves if is worth the money and by seeing it in operation first hand.

Harry C.

Reply to
hhc314

Read the actual ad again and you will see for yourself. There is no way to contact seller.

I am happy for you, but in this specific instance, the dumb seller left no way to contact him or her.

If they could get in touch with the seller, that is.

Ignoramus3147

"No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email."

It's right there, push the button.

Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

but the seller could not reply to that ...

Ignoramus3635

Well at least he knows it's a stick welder. Saw one listed as a 'wire feed welder'....

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

What's wrong with using the 'Send Note' button?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hey, That is also someone selling their private goods ;-) yet more evidence that craigslist is a wonderful resource, for buyers and sellers that eventually come face to face.

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun Van Poecke

Jon Anderson wrote in news:ZrqdndJeMaN2okrbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Well, technically it is a wire feed welder, a short wire and hand fed, but a wire feed welder none the less ;)

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Actually, if you look at the bottom of the ad, there is a link to have craigslist contact te seller.

Mike

Reply to
The Davenport's

SNIP.

You can get as many free email addresses as you want on yahoo, etc. I never give my main eddress out to anyone but friends, and have a another for ebay/paypal/bank, important business etc, and a few more for anything public to filter out the spam.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Sigh. Once again, proving your name.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Perhaps they cancel each other out. Maybe he figured with the price that high no one would want to contact him about it, so no contact info needed :-)

I bought a huge 890lb Miller AC/DC/High Frequency Stick/TIG with 350A water cooled TIG torch and water cooler for $800.

Reply to
Roger_N