How much backlass in a SB Quick change box

I just picked up a 9" SB with quick change gears. The machine has been used for sure but looks to be in good order. How much "play" is normal for the power feed. I was going to put the quick change on my model C but the bed is 6" shorter. The model C I have looks like it was used very little over its long life. The Model A was $100.00 with 3 jaw, face plate a few tool posts, tooling, drills 5 dead centers, 1 live center and a bunch of other little things. The ways are clean but show some wear, the hand wheel for the cross feed is worn for sure. And a few teeth are missing from the (bull gear?) gear you use to go from high to low speed and to help remove a chuck.

Reply to
Wayne