How to wash out/remove dried out soluble coolant

Sounds like a plan. I'll toss it on the BBQ, full of water, after my steak is done.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Many commercial dishwashing detergents are rated for "boiling out" a deep fryer. Given the wide use of aluminum in food service equipment, I bet there are detergents suited for use in boiling out an aluminum utensil.

Here's one:

The key is "metal safe".

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

I bought 4 lbs of TSP today, I hope that it will work.

Ignoramus15922

I have those crystals at home too

Reply to
Ignoramus15922

they seem to have it unavailable

Reply to
Ignoramus15922

Oh no! I hope that it's not a matter of them taking it off the market.

Oh, wait ... they still have "food grade". I always bought "tech grade", thinking that it would be cheaper. Nut the food grade is actually cheaper:

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Food grade caustic soda??

Carbon dioxide from the heating flame normally neutralizes it.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins