HSM/Model Engineering Club in San Diego?

Is there an active club in the SD area? A friend inherited some handmade steam locomotive models and could use some help in learning about them. He has absolutely no intention of selling them, but he's more of a software maven.

I found SCHSM, but it's a fair ways from Torrance to Escondido.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Chula Vista Live Steamers

Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things

Marvin W. Klotz

Spehro Pefhany wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Spehro, Not that I'm aware of and I've lived here since the mid 70's. Then again I haven't really looked since I got interested in machining a few years ago (i'm not much of a club joiner). Does he know about the Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum

semi-annual harvest fair in Vista? He might find some contacts there to help him out. I plan on going in October as I'm told it's a good display. Other than that he might check with the folks at the model train museum in Balboa Park. Someone there might know of some live steamer's in the area. Also the Chaski web board has a live steam section
that might be useful. Lots of web sites on live steam and model engines. But if he's looking for hands on I' sorry I can't be of more help. Now that I've said they don't exist somebody will pipe up to tell me i'm full of it but that's ok.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Schoenbeck