hydraulic jack book/site

Anyone have a book on hydraulic jack repair they want to sell ? Or a detailed site I can check out . Thanks Ken Cutt

Reply to
Ken Cutt

This is a page with an animation on how a bottle jack works. Pretty simple actually. From this page there are other pages with useful anecdotal information. Nothing specific on "how to repair" though. For my 27" jack repair project my web search finally led to a local hydraulic jack repair shop. Still waiting on a set of seals to get this really nice hydraulic hand truck (die cart) I inherited pressed back into service. I'm noticing in the years of my middle age and the perpetual sore back, how useful/appealing any machinery that hoists a mass is becoming.

Dennis van Dam

Reply to
Dennis van Dam

Thanks . I have seen this site which made me think it was simple . Wellll I have several jacks sitting here of which only one is close to that video in style . The other two must have the springs hidden inside . The one that I have that does resemble that video will , now goes up and down fine but will not hold a load . I think the main seal is gone . I am not sure it is worth repairing these jacks but I am kinda stubborn and hate to give up with out a decent fight ;-) . Still hope to find a detailed book so fixing them only costs a few times what they would to replace . Ken Cutt

Reply to
Ken Cutt

You might get lucky and find dirt in the check valve or a broken check valve spring.

Yeah, you're "one of us" alright.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends --

Comprehensive Website Development --

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have polished two valve seats on one already . One on the other as that is all I can find on it so far . Everything really seems simple and yet I can not get them working right , DUH ! . Really it is bugging the heck out of me . This week I split a tractor in two , fixed the transmission and have that working fine , but a simple jack has me baffled . I did see one book at Amazon but it is not available . Hopefully someone will point me in the right direction . Ken Cutt

Reply to
Ken Cutt